Summer has barely begun and I already realize I need to maximize my time in order to have plenty of time for the fun stuff. We have our bucket list and already in the last couple of weeks we have been to the pool, the zoo, a splash park, and have enjoyed several impromptu picnics at the park. This is what summertime memories are made.
But responsibilities still have to be met, and summertime is a great time to set some new goals for productivity. I am a homebody, and in the winter I stay home a lot. I have lots of good routines in place, and things run smoothly around the house. In the summer, however, we leave the house more often. Mostly this is just to go to the park. Any time I leave, however, it is a lot easier for the house to become messy. We bring back a trail of dirt, mud, water, and all kinds of things. I realized in the last few weeks I need to remind myself how to be more productive. Even my routines for paying the bills and taking care of business are changing with summertime, and I need to make sure I don’t neglect anything.
20 Ways to be more productive so you can get outside!
2. Know your body and when you work best.
4. Eat well and drink water.
5. Eliminate Distractions. (Internet, anyone?)
6. Do your most dreaded job first.
7. Know your priorities.
9. Get enough sleep.
10. Schedule down time.
11. Don’t confuse the urgent with what is truly important.
12. Put things away.
13. Stop. Take a breath. Intentionally decide what to do next.
14. Get moving.
16. Delegate. (Even to your children!)
17. Set a timer for short spurts.
18. Be mentally prepared for interruptions. It will happen.
19. Plan. Be diligent. But give your days to God.
20. Be productive. But don’t forget the people in your life.
So get your work done and then get outside! Don’t let summer pass you by without doing the fun things. But don’t let your house and your other responsibilities get neglected in the process either.
What are your productivity tips? Let’s keep the list going.