The other day the kids were playing calmly together so I decided to quickly do a small de-cluttering task that has been nagging me.
Clean out under the bed.
We don’t have a garage, attic, basement, or storage unit so places like under the bed are prime storage space. (Mostly luggage…) But I knew that other things had migrated under there and it needed cleared out. If for no other reason than my peace of mind.
I was washing our sheets so it was the perfect moment to do a quick clean out.
A few things I realized.
- A small job like that takes a lot less time than I imagine it is going to take. I was done in less than 15 minutes.
- There wasn’t near as much clutter as I thought.
- Even so, there were still several things to throw away. (There always is, isn’t there?)
- It’s just the starting it that seems hard. Once I started it was easy and quick.
- You sleep better knowing exactly what’s under the bed. I promise.
- Do the job well. I decided to go through all the pockets of the bags. It was that much more satisfying knowing I had done the job well. Bonus: I found one of Olivia’s hair bows we had been missing!
I think I make things seem worse than they are. Really. I have been telling myself that I need to do this for so long, that I’d built it up in my mind.
It was so easy. Take everything out. Vacuum. Put things away that had migrated there no doubt with help from my 18 month old. Throw away a few random pieces of trash. Put everything back that belongs there. Done.
Do you have a random task that has been nagging you? It probably won’t take that much time to do. Just do it!
Don’t wait for the perfect moment. Just grab a moment when you can and you’ll probably realize it wasn’t as bad as you had envisioned.
And you just might sleep better, too.
Do you have a simple de-cluttering job that has been needing your attention?
No related posts.